top of page

INSURANCE FACTS

cicada-stamp_edited_edited.png
cicada-stamp_edited_edited.png

AGE WELL TAKOMA- Psychotherapy

Medicare Part B

At Cicada Wellness, Age Well Takoma is in-network with Original Medicare insurance for psychotherapy clients. Medicare Part B pays for 80% of the cost of your session. While most private Medigap (secondary) policies do cover the remaining 20%, you may be responsible for a co-pay. Learn more about outpatient mental health benefits under Medicare here.

Due to CMS guidelines, Age Well Takoma is not able to work with people who have a Medicare Advantage or other Medicare HMO alternative. 

For folks who do not qualify for Medicare, we are an out-of-network service. This means that you will be responsible for the cost of your session with your therapist when services are rendered. However, many insurance companies provide reimbursement for services received out-of-network. We will issue you a "superbill" detailing services rendered which you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. 

AGE WELL TAKOMA - Aging Consultation and Care Management

Out Of Pocket

Currently, neither Aging Care Management or Consultation is covered by insurance panels. These services are only available for an out-of-pocket fee. In an effort to better serve all in the community, Age Well Takoma has developed a fee structure that allows us to work with some limited income clients on a sliding scale fee. 

 

CICADA WELLNESS - Young Family Consultation 

Out Of Pocket

Currently, Family Consultation services are not covered by insurance panels. These services are only available for an out-of-pocket fee. 

CICADA WELLNESS - Family Therapy 

Out Of Pocket

We are an out-of-network service. This means that you will be responsible for the cost of your session with your therapist when services are rendered. However, many insurance companies provide reimbursement for services received out-of-network. We will issue you a "superbill" detailing services rendered which you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement

HAVE AN HSA / FSA / EAP BENEFIT?

Many Cicada Wellness and Age Well Takoma services are covered under flexible health spending plans. Check with yours to see if we count as a qualifying expense today. 

bottom of page